Definition of claiming
In order to be able to install applications through the Device Management Portal, a camera needs to be connected to the Azena Device Management Portal (DMP). That process is called claiming.
Prerequisites for connecting the camera to the DMP
- You have an account on our DMP
- Cameras have a non-restricted access to the Internet. Please also check this article.
- Your camera has a valid certificate. Please verify this by accessing the camera using a web browser and go to the Camera info page. Then check if a Device ID is present:
- Your camera has a proper date/time set. This can be verified and set on the Date & time page on the camera's front end.
Next step in connecting a camera to the DMP is:
- Go to the Date & time option on the camera's front end and enable "Use network-provided time". If necessary, please set your own NTP server:
- Go to Cloud connection option and enable "cloud based device management". A pop-up will appear with a message. Click Continue:
- Click on "CLAIM CAMERA":
A new pop-up will appear with an information and a CLAIM button. Clicking the CLAIM button will redirect you to the Device Management Portal page where you can enter some additional information regarding this camera:
- Camera name
- Location name
- Street address (optional)