Please note: In order to login into the Azena Device Management Portal, you need to use DMT version 2.27.0 or later
Definition of an offline environment
Many video-surveillance systems are in an offline environment - the cameras do not have any kind of access to the public Internet network and/or are in a restricted VPN network environment.
In such environments, applications are installed through the Device Management Tool (DMT) provided by Azena. Please download the latest version from: https://devices.azena.com/tooldownload
The two available options for offline installations are as follows:
- The computer can switch between the device network and the internet (Hybrid offline installation)
- Computer in device network can never connect to the internet (Complete offline installation)
Please note: Please follow this guide if the computer that you manage your devices with can connect to the internet when it is not connected to the devices. If the computer can never connect to the internet, please follow this installation guide.
Hybrid offline application installation
The hybrid offline application installation is a 4 steps process
- Purchase the application(s) via the Azena Application Store that you would like to install, trial or one-time/subscription
- Connect a PC which is running DMT to the device network
- Select the desired camera(s) and initiate the application installation
- While DMT is still running, disconnect the PC from the device network and connect it to a network that can reach the Azena Application Store
- Select the application(s) to be installed onto the camera(s)
- While DMT is still running, reconnect the PC to the device network
- Wait for DMT to install the application(s) onto the desired camera(s)
- a PC with access to the camera network and the internet, one after the other
- the latest version of DMT
- an available application license (trial or one-time/subscription)
Step by step
First, connect your PC to the camera network and open the DMT. Please do not close the DMT throughout the installation procedure.
Once started, the DMT begins with camera discovery. The discovery process runs for 30 seconds.
Note: If your camera is not listed as discovered, please run the discovery again by pressing the REFRESH button.
Once discovered, select the desired camera(s) and click on the INSTALL APPS button.
If you haven't already logged into the camera with DMT, a pop-up will appear asking you to enter the camera credentials:
After a successful login into the camera, you will need to move your PC to a network with Internet access and login with DMT to Azena cloud:
A browser window will be opened and redirect you to the Azena cloud login page. After a successful login, select the application(s) you wish to install and click CONTINUE.
The application(s) will be downloaded to the local app vault.
Click the CONTINUE button after the download is complete.
To perform a hybrid offline installation, we must select the option to finish the installation using same computer. Please select "START INSTALLATION NOW":
Now connect your PC back to the camera network and click the Refresh button. If you haven't already logged into the camera with DMT, click on LOGIN TO CAMERA, and enter the camera credentials to continue installation:
After login, the application(s) will be installed on the selected camera(s). Click on DONE to end the installation:
Lastly, you will be sent to the default DMT screen with a list of cameras. When you click on your camera(s) you should see the installed application(s) on the right hand side on the APPS tab:
Article is closed for comments.