Please note: In order to login into the Azena Device Management Portal, you need to use DMT version 2.27.0 or later
Definition of an offline environment
Many video-surveillance systems are in an offline environment - the cameras do not have any kind of access to the public Internet network and/or are in a restricted VPN network environment.
In such environments, applications are installed through the Device Management Tool (DMT) provided by Azena. Please download the latest version from: https://devices.azena.com/tooldownload
The two available options for offline installations are as follows:
- The computer can switch between the device network and the internet (Hybrid offline installation)
- Computer in device network can never connect to the internet (Complete offline installation)
Please note: Please follow this guide if the computer that you manage your devices with can never connect to the internet. If the computer can connect to the internet when it is not connected to the devices, please follow this installation guide.
For uninstallations in a complete offline use case, you cannot return application licenses to the cloud via the Device Management Tool. You need to contact our support and return application licenses manually.
Complete offline application installation
The complete offline application installation is a 4 steps process
- Purchase the application(s) via the Azena Application Store that you would like to install, trial, or one-time/subscription
- Connect one PC that is running DMT to the device network
- Get device IDs (created backup from DMT and export device data)
- Connect another PC that is running DMT to the online network
- Import the device data from the offline computer
- Start app installation, downloading the app files to the DMT
- Export data to finish the installation using a computer connected to the device network
- Go back to your PC that is connected to the device network
- Import the installation files and finish the installation on the devices
- One computer connected to the device network (not connected to the internet) - referred to below as the Device network computer
- Another computer connected to the internet (not connected to the devices) - referred to below as an Online computer
- The latest version of DMT installed on both computer
- Possibility to securely transfer files between the computers
- An available application license (trial or one-time/subscription)
Step by step
In order to install applications in a fully offline environment, the user needs to get the device IDs as a first step. Connect your PC to the device network and open the DMT. Once started, the DMT begins with camera discovery. The discovery process runs for 30 seconds.
Note: If your camera is not listed as discovered, please run the discovery again by pressing the REFRESH button
Once discovered, select the "Import/Export" button and click on Backup data:
Save the backup data (.aex), and transfer the backup data to your online computer. Use a secure transfer medium (i.e., a USB drive) for easy transfer.
Now run DMT on a computer in an online network and import the backup data by selecting the "Import/Export" and clicking on Import data:
Choose the backup file that you want to import. When imported, you can see that the device data have been successfully imported to the online computer.
Start the app installation by selecting the desired camera(s) and clicking on the INSTALL APPS button:
If you are not logged into Azena cloud, a browser window will be opened and redirect you to the Azena cloud login page. After successful login, select the application(s) you wish to install and click CONTINUE:
The application(s) will be downloaded to the local app vault. Click the CONTINUE button after the download is complete:
To perform a complete offline installation, we must select the option to finish the installation using another computer. Please select export data, and export the downloaded data:
After successful export, the following pop-up notification will show up:
Now go back to your PC that is connected to the device network. Import the installation files and finish the installation on the devices:
When imported, DMT will automatically detect the pending installation. Click on CONTINUE WITH INSTALLATION:
If you haven't already logged into the camera with DMT, click on LOGIN TO CAMERA, and enter the camera credentials to continue installation:
After login, the application(s) will be installed on the selected camera(s). Click on DONE to end the installation:
You will be sent to the default DMT screen with a list of cameras. When you click on your camera(s), you should see the installed application(s) on the right-hand side of the APPS tab:
Please note: The name of the app shown in DMP and DMT may be different