Definition of claiming
In order to be able to install applications through the Device Management Portal, a camera needs to be connected to the Azena Device Management Portal (DMP). That process is called claiming. DMT allows you to claim multiple devices at once. Claim your devices more efficiently via DMT.
Prerequisites for connecting the camera to the DMP
- You have an account on our DMP
- You have the latest version of DMT installed on your PC
- Cameras have a non-restricted access to the Internet. Please also check this article.
- Your camera has a valid certificate. Please verify this by accessing the camera using a web browser and go to the Camera info page. Then check if a Device ID is present:
- Your camera has a proper date/time set. This can be verified and set on the Date & time page on the camera's front end.
Claim device via Device Management Tool
Next step in connecting a camera to the DMP is:
- Go to the Date & time option on the camera's front end and enable "Use network-provided time". If necessary, please set your own NTP server:
- Connect your PC to the online network and open DMT. Once started, the DMT begins with camera discovery. The discovery process runs for 30 seconds.
Note: If your camera is not listed as discovered, please run the discovery again by pressing the REFRESH button.
Once discovered, select the desired camera(s) and click on the three-dots menu button, and click on "Claim cameras":
- If you haven't already logged into the cloud, a browser window will be opened and redirect you to the Azena cloud login page. After login, go back to DMT.
- If you haven't already logged into the cameras with DMT, a pop-up will appear asking you to enter the camera credentials. After a successful login, click CONTINUE:
Note: If your cameras share the same credentials, there is an option to trigger multi-login. You can, of course, log in to the cameras one by one.
- A new pop-up will appear with a camera list and a CLAIM CAMERAS button. Clicking the CLAIM CAMERAS button will start the claiming process: