We have two methods to modify the icon on an application overview page when starting with an example application.
1. Open a project using IntelliJ
2. Right click on the res folder of the specific application → New → Vector Asset
3. Use the .svg file as input
4. Confirm the icon path
5. Add the icon to the AndroidManifest.xml file of your application
1. In Intellij, right click on the res folder, and click on New -> Image Asset.
2. On the first page of the Asset Studio, in Source Asset -> Path, choose the source for the icons. SVG file format is preferred to avoid blurry icons. Resize to your liking. In the Background Layer tab, you can resize the default image to 0% so it doesn’t show, or use a different background layer. In the Options tab, “No” can be selected for all. Click on “Next”.
3. Confirm the icons that are being generated look good and click on “Finish”.
4. Make sure that the files were generated in the res folder. In the AndroidManifest, add the highlighted attribute in the photo below if it doesn’t exist.
5. Generate the APK build and make sure that the icon is being displayed and looks good.